- Without prescription
- Download instruction
- Share this:
- ABOUT PRODUCT
COMPOSITION AND PACKING
Syrup of herbal extracts, brown viscous liquid with individual odor (may have light sediment and clouding) in the original vials of 150 ml with a protective seal – (1) cardboard packs with a protective branded holographic label; (2) spoon – dispenser; (3) instruction for use.
Aloe Extract (Aloe arborescens Mill.)
Rhubarb Extract (Rheum L.)
Plantains Extract (Plantago L.)
Egyptian senna (Senna Alexandrina)
EFFECT OF THE MEDICINE
- Slabizin – anthraglycoside containing a preparation of plant origin, possesses a laxative effect coming in 8-10 hours.
- The laxative effect is due to the effect on the receptors of the large intestine, which increases peristalsis.
- It transforms in the digestive tract, begins to irritate the walls of the large intestine, stimulates its work, but it does not cause spasms.
- The medicine is designed to purify the intestines and restore healthy microflora.
- Promotes the reproduction of healthy and necessary for normal functioning of microflora: enterococci, bifidobacteria, lactobacilli, etc.
Shake the vial before using it.
It is not recommended to use medicine for more than 2 weeks.
After taking the medicine, urine can acquire a yellow-brown or red-lilac color.
With caution: it is prescribed for liver and/or kidney diseases, as well as during pregnancy and lactation, in conditions after cavitary operations, as well as children’s age (up to 6 years) based on the dosing regimen.
The laxative effect of the medicine may be accompanied by colic pain in the abdomen and flatulence.
With prolonged use, particularly at high doses, there could be possible violations of water-electrolyte metabolism, albuminuria, hematuria, melanin deposition in the intestinal mucosa, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, urinary discoloration, skin rash, seizures, vascular collapse, fatigue,
INTERACTION WITH OTHER MEDICATIONS
With prolonged use of Slabizin in high doses, it is possible to increase the action of cardiac glycosides and influence the effect of antiarrhythmic medicines in connection with the possibility of developing hypokalemia.
With simultaneous use with thiazide diuretics, glucocorticoids, licorice root preparations, the risk of hypokalemia increases.
The medicine Slabizin is prescribed for:
- Crohn’s disease;
- chronic and acute constipation (regulation of the physiological rhythm of emptying the large intestine);
- constipation caused by hypotension and sluggish peristalsis of the large intestine;
- chronic spasmodic colitis;
- regulation of stool with hemorrhoids, proctitis, anal fissures;
- softening of the stool for medical purposes (with hemorrhoids, conditions after surgery on the large intestine and in the anal area).
- chronic intestinal obstruction;
- acute stomach syndrome;
- intestinal obstruction;
- abdominal pain of unknown origin;
- gastrointestinal and uterine bleeding;
- women during critical days and in the period of gestation;
- violations of water-electrolyte exchange.
- hypersensitivity to one or more of the components of the medicine.
The duration of treatment and the dose are determined by the attending physician for each patient individually.
Slabizin is taken orally, usually 1 time per day in the evening before bedtime:
ADULTS AND CHILDREN OVER 12 YEARS OF AGE
CHILDREN BETWEEN 6-12 YEARS OF AGE
10-15 ml for each intake. In the absence of the effect, the dose can be increased to 20-25 ml
5-10ml. for each intake and, if necessary, the dose can be increased up to 15ml. for each intake
In the process of selection, the same dose should be taken for several days and gradually increased by 5 ml. syrup. If defecation does not occur after reaching the maximum dose within 3 days, one needs to see a doctor.
The cases of overdose were not reported.
STORAGE CONDITIONS AND EXPIRATION DATE
The medicine should be stored out of reach of children, protected from light, at a temperature from + 2° C to + 25°C.
Expiration date: 2 years
The information presented on the site should not be used for self-diagnosis and treatment and can not serve as a substitute for a doctor's internal consultation.